[time-nuts] I've been thinking about a GPS receiver experiment

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Wed Oct 25 17:26:11 EDT 2017

Hei Ole Petter,

You don't want to look at the PPS in that case.
You want to look at how the receivers clock solution pans out.
Since the receivers clock is set but then ticks to the speed of the
rubidium, you now got a high resolution frequency and phase comparison.

Depending on the clock-mode, you might or might not experience
clock-reset events. Typically 1 ms shifts of clock time. One needs to
handle that in case you are not able to drive the clock quick enough
towards on average be where the GPS/UTC average solution drives it to.

Anyway, so there is a different clock message, just don't recall it from
the top of my head. I just recall that the Novatels is fairly generous
with this data

Cheers,
Magnus