[time-nuts] Designing an embedded precision GPS time server

Denny Page denny at cococafe.com
Sun Oct 29 13:38:40 EDT 2017

Back to back with 100Mb is good, particularly for latency tests, but you’ll need a switch for general testing. FWIW, an otherwise idle switch generally has very consistent latency, and if both ports are at 100Mb, it is symmetric. Also, with any kind of managed switch you can easily monitor traffic via a tap or span (mirror) port.

Alternatively you could use an hub (yes, a hub!). I have one that I keep for very special occasions. :)

Denny