[time-nuts] GPS Antenna Feed Line Decision

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Sun Sep 3 14:13:34 EDT 2017

Hi.

The last time I looked at upgrading my GPS antenna feed line (I'm currently using RG58 style cable) I spent some time looking at the temperature vs propagation delay characteristics of various cables.

I also picked up a spool of cloned "LMR400 style" cable but ended up using that for my amateur radio hobby.  If I was going to throw more money at my Time Nuts GPS feed line I'd probably look for a "hard line" style cable with a favourable temperature vs propagation delay characteristic.   For a basic installation I expect I would just use RG6 style cable.

Good luck.

Mark S

mark at alignedsolutions.com
604 762 4099