[time-nuts] Restoration of a 5065A - Continued (Ulf Kylenfall)

Ulf Kylenfall ulf_r_k at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 16:54:26 EDT 2017

Picked up a scrapped 5065A tonight.
It was an early unit but a later one than the one I amtrying to fix.
The XO was gone. From what I could see, it had beena 10811 type with adapter since there was no 115V wiring.
The RV Cavity was loose and I think that what was in this unit mayhave been a replacement since it featured the more modernbrownish color. It also had the Thermo-electric devicein the receiving end.
The RV cavity circuitry checked out OK. No shorts.  Resistances was OK too.
The TX lamp had a slight golden/brownish glass color.It did turn on about 20 seconds after applying DCpower to it.
What does the community say: Can the lamp still be useableas a spare, or is the color a sign of end-of-life?
I am considering either use this instrument as spare parts or tryto fix this one too...
Ulf Kylenfall  - SM6GXV