[time-nuts] Sphere Stuff Day event coming in October

walter shawlee 2 walter2 at sphere.bc.ca
Tue Sep 12 17:09:47 EDT 2017

It's that time again, just too much stuff, and not enough room at Sphere. For
time nuts, I have precision oscillators, HP counters and spare boards, and all
kinds of Time Code stuff.

I was just over at Okanagan College, and they would be interested in another
stuff day event for the students and instructors this fall. It will take me
about 3 weeks to organize the stuff, that means October. The saturdays are 7,
14, 21 and 28. *The big question is WHAT Saturday???*

First, anybody interested in helping with the event?  moving and checking gear,
setting up, etc. and, can anybody come from far away, and if so, *what is the
best weekend to do it? the date is not important to me, so it can be 100% to
suit you guys. *

I have a lot of gear to get rid of, plus tons of free parts again. A big pile of
Boonton power meters, sensors and cables, a sweet looking P11 (blue) Tek 7903
with a 7L12 spectrum analyzer in it, working great, will add a high speed
vertical to it.  Many 56X series bits, frames and plug ins, dirt cheap $20 for a
frame, $5 for a plug in, 7K and 11K Tek stuff, including a beautiful 7704A I
somehow killed by replacing the fan. many high end scopes for $50 that need some
repair (including a Tek 485 that is mostly good, including the CRT and HV), some
very good units, but just no time or space to work on them until I clear out
some space. all kinds of RF/microwave stuff including variable attenuators,
loads, fixed attenuators, stub and cavity tuners, circulators. and neatest of
all, some fantastic stereo microscopes, these are killer high end Olympus and
other lab units, very reasonable. also lots of high quality DMMs, overhauled and
cal'd for very little money, including a very nice fluke 45 dual display unit,
with traceable cal!  also some top of the line LIndstrom/Excelta and Swanstrom
professional cutters and pliers, production surplus, mint condition and new. I
have had my Lindstrom diagonals for 40+ years, still work great.  I also have
known good HP 432A sensor cables. Plus, the usual leads, RF cables, scope probes
and so forth.

Let me know if this works for you guys, and *when*, and I will organize
accordingly.  Everybody will get a free 5V/5A modular power supply, which is
always handy, plus I have tons of free wall warts of all kinds, just cart them
away! Plus the giant semiconductor vat for snorkeling, lots of great stuff in
there, from DACs to RF.  I also have some very high quality speakers, up to 6x9"
size, and little cheesy ones, as well as thousands (yes, actually K's) of fans
of all kinds.

I would invite the local amateurs to come as well to sell, but they do not seem
very motivated (jammed out twice already), but anybody *else* with stuff to sell
or give away is totally welcome, and I can provide power!

if the weather rains (hard to imagine so far, but you never know), it will all
be inside, rain or shine.

all the best,
walter

--
Walter Shawlee 2, President
Sphere Research Corporation
walter2 at sphere.bc.ca
WS2: We're all in one boat, no matter how it looks to you.
Love is all you need. (John Lennon)
But, that doesn't mean other things don't come in handy. (WS2)