[time-nuts] R&S XSRM Rubidium Standard

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 11:23:29 EDT 2017

As to the point most modern instruments have self calibration,   Most of the time 'calibration' is simply the performance check adjustments are not performed unless necessary

The difference being the instruments used in performance test are traceable to a national standards body.

So whats referred to as calibration is in reality performance validation.

How do I know this by becoming friendly with the local lab and years ago when i worked for govt i used to moonlight at one of the local cal labs.