[time-nuts] Environmental sensor recommendations

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Apr 6 10:25:28 EDT 2018

Hi

Since the DAC is integrated into the *guts* (FPGA) on the board, there really isn’t a way to
pull it out. There *might* be a way to feed it a better reference (which likely is the bigger
issue). Since there are no schematics for a TBolt there’s not much of a way to do this or that.
If you *did* put in a new DAC, you would need to re-write the firmware to match up with that
part. Again you hit the same wall. There are no copies of the firmware source code “in the wild”.
You would have to figure out how to dump and reverse assemble the code that’s in there.

Bottom line - since it’s a GPSDO and locked all the time …. not a big deal. If you used it in
holdover, then it might be a big deal.

Bob