[time-nuts] Weird Stuff WareHouse shutting down

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sun Apr 8 20:51:42 EDT 2018

On 8 Apr 2018 16:56, "jimlux" <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Test equipment tends to be aged - Unless you have a particular need for a
HP 600 series microwave signal generator, there are probably better sources
available much cheaper that use more modern components. In this day and
age, I don't think people should suffer through 141T spectrum analyzers or
even a 8568- Spend your money an a nice USB unit instead.

I think people learn more with old test equipment.  I know someone who has
a 1 GHz LeCroy scope,  as well as a high end Agilent, but can't seem to
measure the simplest of signals, that I could easily measure with a 50 year
old scope.

I heard about someone who could not use an analogue multimeter as it could
not measure negative voltages.

The above said,  I don't entirely disagree with you either.

Dave, G8WRB.