[time-nuts] Dual GPSDO - any advantage?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 15:29:44 EDT 2018

On 10 April 2018 at 16:56, donald collie <donaldbcollie at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the Chinapost tracking numbers, so I don`t think it`s a scam - just
> real good value.

I hope you are right, but I doubt you are.

It is not uncommon to be sent fake tracking numbers.

I was 99% sure a Keithley 2002 8.5 digit meter for £900 was a scam, but
decided to play along with it, just in case it was not. The seller claimed
to have sent it, send me a FedEx tracking number, but said if he did not
receive payment by bank transfer within 24 hours he would cancel the
shipment. The tracking number was NOT to the real FedEx site, but something
made to look like FedEx.

Even if you have the real Chinese post office tracking number, it could be
the same number sent to 100 people. I doubt it has your detailed location
on it.

I hope you are right, and they are a good buy, as I bought 10 of them. But
I doubt they are real. I'm 99% sure they are a scam, but are not bothered,
as a scam like that would easily result in one willing an eBay dispute.

Dave