[time-nuts] Dual GPSDO - any advantage?

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 20:51:18 EDT 2018

With regard to two GPSDOs, it is an interesting experiment. I have two
Tbolts, both 2.2 firmware, both fed from the same antenna, both with
factory default settings, and I see differences. They are about 2 feet
apart on my bench and everything is pretty stable, +/- 20 nS or so until
the heat kicks on. Then, the time difference between the two 10 MHz outputs
goes wild. Go figure.
Regarding eBay and deadbeat sellers, they are much better than in the past.
I got ripped off by an unscrupulous seller some years ago and eBay just
told me they had closed their eBay account. Today, If I don't get my item
fairly fast, I file a complaint right away. An unscrupulous seller will try
a delaying tactic to get you to wait until the time for eBay to do anything
has run out.  I had an issue with a Chinese seller once and PayPal told me
they couldn't issue a refund because they didn't have access to the
seller's bank account.
Yeah, sure. The worst abuse I have heard of by eBay/PayPal was a case where
a local guitar store owner sold a rather expensive, $4,000 + guitar to
someone in England. He got paid, then a few days later, he got an email
from eBay saying that the buyer had reported the item as fake and destroyed
it. They took the money back out of his bank account and wouldn't listen to
anything he had to say. Yes, there are unscrupulous buyers too.
Oh, I ordered one of those $9.50 GPSDOs too. I doubt I will ever see it. I
am not too optimistic about getting my money back either. We'll see.