[time-nuts] TCVCXO Adjustment

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Apr 11 05:09:24 EDT 2018

wayne.holder at gmail.com said:
> Since the TCVCXO includes a voltage control input, my plan is to also add a
> 12-Bit Digital-to-Analog Converter ...

What's the temperature stability of the D/A?

How does that compare with a 10 turn pot?  I remember a comment about pots
aging.  It was somewhat recently.  I don't remember the details.  I think it
was something like the wiper wore a small groove which made it hard to make
tiny adjustments.  I don't know how long it takes for the groove to form.

A possible option is to just measure the osc and do the adjustment in
software.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.