[time-nuts] nuts about position

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Apr 30 15:34:47 EDT 2018

Hi

If you are looking at doing a self survey on a timing module, there is a lot
of information in the archives. It turns out that (like it or not) there is very
likely to be a ~24 hour periodicity in your self survey data.  Therefor something
like a two, three, or four day survey will enhance your position estimate.

Again - for all get gory details dig into the archives.

Since the timing is done against the module’s “best estimate” of it’s position,
there isn’t a lot of benefit in having a surveyed correct position instead. More
or less, the same errors that goofed the position also goof the timing in the
same direction. Again, info in the archives.

Bob