[time-nuts] Rakon HSO-14

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Feb 3 17:02:01 EST 2018

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 11:02:27 -0800
<cdelect at juno.com> wrote:

> Anyone priced a Rakon HSO-14 option 8.
>
> It's the Oscilloquartz 8607 option 8 replacement.
>
> I'm almost afraid to ask!

I do not know the HSO-14, but when I asked what the 8607 costs new, I
got ~5000 CHF for the "lowest" grade and over 14k CHF for the highest
grade. Of course this was a couple of years ago. I do not know how
the prices changed in the meantime. Considering that Rakon does not
build a true BVA, but instead puts the electrodes directly on the
resonator, I would expect them to be quite a bit cheaper (because
it doesn't require the couple of µm precision between the resonator
and the holder/elctrodes the BVA has).

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.