[time-nuts] Receiving the MSF time signal on cheap radio modules

Deirdre O'Byrne deirdre.dub at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 13:40:49 EST 2018

OK so it's not the microsecond or nanosecond stuff that much of this list
is about, but I've been running an experiment for the past few days
gathering data on how well (or otherwise) a pair of cheap EM2S radio
receiver modules receive the MSF radio signal. I've been trying to see if I
could design a decoding algorithm that would be more noise-tolerant than
the algorithms I've seen out in the wild.

Details are on my github, and the results are presented in a paper -

https://github.com/deirdreobyrne/MSF-EM2S/blob/master/paper.pdf