[time-nuts] Receiving the MSF time signal on cheap radio modules

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 17:14:02 EST 2018

Deirdre,
Great discussion on my favorite topic. I am the guy on the other side of
the lake that curses MSFs interference with WWVB.
I did indeed cheat by using the GPS time and 1 second tick to recreate the
WWVB timecode bits to remove the psk shifts in the received signal here on
the east coast. This allowed phase tracking receivers to correctly work
again.
Did MSF finally go to a BPSK signal format? I heard they were considering
that.
regards
Paul
WB8TSL