[time-nuts] eBay GPS antenna.

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 16:03:22 EST 2018

I kind of have to believe the specs. The two survey grade antennas I
already have, a Leica and a Trimble, both have regulators in the preamp
sections. The Leica has an 8 volt one and the Trimble has a 5 volt one. I
intend to hook it up to a variable supply and watch the current as I
increase voltage. If it has a regulator, the current should stabilize at an
input voltage just above what the internal preamp operates at. If not, it
should continue to rise. I am tempted to pry it apart, even if it risks
damage just so I can see for myself what they are using for the preamp
stages.