[time-nuts] Anyone have experience with this antenna?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Feb 7 10:20:28 EST 2018

Hi

They probably have a group of people on staff to go out and dry them off after it rains …. :)

Indeed, there are a lot of pictures of heated enclosures for antennas. The debate over the
dielectric properties of the coverings goes back a long way. There are notes in the standard
databases for the antennas that came with optional covers. They have a separate data file
for the “with cover” and “without cover” versions. The discussion here is pretty much an
replay of how the conversation has gone over the years. There is indeed a group of people
who (quite rightly) suggest that it’s not a big deal in most cases.

Bob