[time-nuts] Vanguard TCXO

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 8 19:39:47 EST 2018

On 2/8/18 11:49 AM, Mark Goldberg wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 10:51 AM, jimlux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> On 2/8/18 5:34 AM, Mark Goldberg wrote:
>>
>>> What is the phase noise like on the cheap TCXO?Vectron
>>>

>> VT-702 (the first one in the list online)
>> -99 at 10Hz
>> -123 at 100Hz
>> -143 at 1kHz
>>
>> going to Mouser and looking for the cheapest 10MHz TCXO
>> FOX924 (about $2) - no data
>> SiT5000 (about ) - -140 dBc at 1kHz, -150 dBcfrom 10k to 100k, -160 @ 1M (no
>> price)
>> ECS -TXO-3225-100-TR ($2.71 each) - -135dBc @ 1 kHz
>> ASTX-H11 ($3.16) -130dBc @ 1 kHz, -158dBc @100k
>>
>> FOX922CE at 16.369 MHz, -145 @ 10kHz
>>

> Can you provide a link to the "list online"?

I just went to digikey and searched for TCXO and 10 MHz

> I am always wary when no or few specifications are provided. If you look at
> manufacturer;s like Vectron, they provide lots of data, phase noise at many
> frequencies, aging, etc.

it's what you pay for - if the spec says -135 at 10kHz, and that's all,
then that's what they test. - that's cheaper.

A $100 oscillator will tend to have a lot more data than a $2 one <grin>

At some point, you just BUY a batch of oscillators and test them yourself.