[time-nuts] eBay GPS antenna test.

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Feb 17 17:19:38 EST 2018

Hi

I think you probably will have to move up to around $500 or so (and
still shop pretty hard) to find a Zephyr Geodetic 2 in excellent condition.
A Novatel 703 Pinwheel would also be on the list of things to watch for.

If you find a proper (L1 / L2 / L5 ) GNSS receiver with a pps out in working
shape for $500, go for it. They tend to be quite a bit above that price. Most
of what is in the $400 to $1000 range are L1 / L2 GPS only devices. Even
with them, finding one that will do timing is a bit tough.

Bob