[time-nuts] Curious, how many t-nuts have 5065A

Skip Withrow skip.withrow at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 00:05:42 EST 2018

Hello Time-Nuts,

Pete Lancashire was wondering how many HP 5065As are out there.  I
don't know the exact number, but I know there are a lot.  I think
Corby (or someone) had a list of serial numbers at one time.

I will confess that I do have one - and love it.  It is a very old
unit that doesn't have any updates other than a few new electrolytics
and a finer adjustment on the C-field.

Attached is a plot of it for the last three days.  I have not touched
it in several months.  It is not in a particularly well controlled
temperature environment (the yellow line on the graph), and it moved
110ns in three days (4.23x10E-13 frequency error).  And most of the
noise on the purple line (5065A frequency) is due to the GPS reference
(NTBW50AA does not have a great antenna as indicated by the bottom GPS
line).

Skip Withrow