[time-nuts] Replacement A9 boards for the HP 5065A

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Sun Feb 25 06:35:58 EST 2018

Interesting.  I'm inclined to say I stand corrected, BUT:  (i) as Mark
noted, the datasheet link points to the datasheet for Vishay FC Series
HF thin-film resistors [which are really excellent low-reactance T/F
resistors, if you need any]; (ii) I cannot find any reference to PC caps
on the Vishay/BC web site; and (iii) other distributors do not list this
cap (or any Vishay/BC PC caps, for that matter).

I did discover Electronic Concepts (ECI) (https://www.ecicaps.com/), who
claim to make their own PC film and do seem to supply three series of PC
caps.  They seem mainly to make them to order, but they have small
quantities of some parts in stock.  Prices are by quotation, so I don't
know what they charge.  I assume they are pretty pricey, and if they run
out of an in-stock cap there may be a minimum order to get more.

So, I do stand corrected.

All that said, PP and PPS are the best choices for the A9 integrator
project.

Best regards,

Charles