[time-nuts] Stable32 now available

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 2 17:45:00 EST 2018

Hi Tom,

On 01/02/2018 03:46 PM, Tom Van Baak wrote:
>> From "Paul Alfille" <paul.alfille at gmail.com>:
>> Is the code be available, or just the compiled binary?
>
> I've asked Bill for clarification and will relay any information.

I've already sent a message to Bill too.

>> From "Magnus Danielson" <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org>
>> Now, the code needs to be maintained. I personally also would like to
>> see it run natively on Linux, it does run on Linux under Wine.
>
> Stable32 seems highly integrated with the "graphic/win" plotting package (www.sciend.com). That may be one of the problems porting the code to unix. But hang on, and we'll let Bill tell us for sure.

Sure. I know that. I did not say it was easy, and I can respect if Bill
felt he did not have the time and urge to do it because of all the
hurdles, but it would be interesting to look at what it would require.

If GPL, modified MIT or similar license would be possible, that would
sure help into the future.

Several, including me, have done fractional attempts at duplicating the
capability. If we rather focused on maintaining and extent it into the
future, that would be a great way to take care of the heritage. I can
see myself contributing to that. I already do it in another context,
namely to improve the ham training material, and there we went for
Creative Commons license to enable use and future maintenance of that
heritage. I think I can share some experience and assist in that, so let
me know and I can pitch in.

Cheers,
Magnus