[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz OSA-4350 GPSDO

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 23:34:59 EST 2018

Well,  I have Lady Heather (mostly) working with the OSA-4530.   It will probably work with all the 453x units, but not handle all of their commands.  The code needs some cleanup and I need to rework the handling of the satellite position and visibility messages (whoever thought spreading out the satellite info across multiple messages was a good idea needs to be spanked).   Also, I'm getting occasional com timeouts.

The main issue of talking to these devices is they don't like to handle manually typed character-by-character commands.  You need to store the command string in a buffer and sent it out as a unit.

I haven't yet fixed the first unit I received.  It has a hard power-ground short on the 5V rail.  No obvious faulty parts.  The 5V (isolated) DC-DC seems to be good.