[time-nuts] Outdoor GPS Antenna Selection

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 8 19:00:10 EST 2018

I have a bunch of small, cheap antennas that look like this one.  I bought them for testing some Glonass capable receivers:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GPS-GLONASS-Antenna-car-navigation-dvd-C-receiver-Waterproof-gps-antenna-SMA/262621649740?hash=item3d25785b4c:g:OHkAAOSwglZZcC8~

They seem to work rather well.   I can track GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU/GALILEO indoors.   I also have one outside in Texas weather for a couple of years feeding another 50 feet of RG6 television coax. It's still working...   unexpectedly.  It probably has crappy multi-path, etc specs... but what can you expect for $7.