[time-nuts] minimalist sine to square

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 15:22:58 EST 2018

Tom,

I recently built such a device using a couple of stages of a 74HC04,
with the RF input to the 1st stage AC coupled and the input biased
by a high-value (a couple of megohms) resistor feeding back from
the output of the first inverter stage to the input of that stage.  It's so
dirt simple, it's hard to beat.

I was not particularly concerned about jitter, so if you're not already
familiar enough with the circuit to know whether or not it's good
enough, it might be worth a try.  BTW, I am running at 10 MHz from
a PRS-10 Rb, and just wanted something to drive a count-down
chain. And there's always the 74AC04 if you wanted faster edges.

Dana Whitlow