[time-nuts] CSAC purchase

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Jan 22 16:03:20 EST 2018

Hi

I’m guessing there was a question to me that somehow got lost in the world of
ones and zeros ….

My comment was in terms of temperature stability. The CSAC has a temp stability
specification of +/-4x10^-10 over -10 to +70C. There are TCXO’s that will get below
5x10^-9 over that range and use far less power. There are OCXO’s that will get
to better temperature stability numbers over that range.  Neither one will do the long
term aging that a Rb will.

Bob