[time-nuts] Slightly OT: interest in a four-output, ultra-low jitter, synthesizer block?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jan 25 16:41:49 EST 2018

jra at febo.com said:
> The challenge is that the chip is a 7x7 mm 44-QFN package and really  wants
> to be put on a six-layer circuit board.  That's doable, but  challenging,
> for home assembly.

Can anybody comment on the toaster oven approach?

Is it practical for things like this?  How much does a solder mask cost?  How
much other stuff do I need?  Does the solder paste need to be refrigerated
and other quirks like that?

What are the chances of a newbie getting a 44-QFN right on the first try?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.