[time-nuts] CSAC Project(was CSAC purchase)

Ronald Held ronaldheld at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 12:44:26 EST 2018

Bob;
  I see what you are saying.  I will wait until I get the chips d more
before asking more questions.
         Ronald

Hi

As mentioned multiple times in the archives. As you get into the single digit
milliseconds, the human eye simply can’t keep up. A watch that is 1 ns off
and one that is 1 ms off are both “good enough” if you are looking at it with a
normal eyeball.

>From a design standpoint 1 ms / day / week is *way* different that 1 ns over the
same sort of period. Design constraints *do* make a big difference.
It’s important
in any project to get them sorted early.

If you are spending $5K on a CSAC, tossing in another $100 on a GPS isn’t
going to even get into the roundoff error. You *will* need the GPS gizmo to
keep the CSAC calibrated. It is only a question of how often the beast gets
used.

Bob