[time-nuts] Raw phase data of super-5065

timeok at timeok.it timeok at timeok.it
Wed Jun 6 02:18:27 EDT 2018

   Hi,

   certainly the environmental effects are significant and it is precisely for this reason that
   acquisitions have been made simultaneously on two 5065, one modified and the other not.
   To verify the results the same measures were taken with another pair of 5065, one modified and the other not.
   This second test was carried out at another site 300Km from the first one.
   Both tests showed a better and more consistent medium/long term ADEV than the unmodified HP5065A.
   I want to clarify that these measures have the objective of verifying the medium / long term stability and not the short term stability of the Super version I agree it is improved..
   Luciano

   Da "Bob kb8tq" kb8tq at n1k.org
   A "Luciano Paramithiotti" timeok at timeok.it,"Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" time-nuts at febo.com
   Cc
   Data Tue, 5 Jun 2018 10:05:34 -0400
   Oggetto Re: [time-nuts] Raw phase data of super-5065
   Hi

   It is pretty well known that without “help” ( beyond the filter stuff on the super) the 5065 has fairly poor temperature
   stability and somewhat variable response to pressure and humidity. Taking two samples right off the production line
   likely would have given you different long term data as a result.

   If you are going to the trouble of watching these devices for a long time, monitor temperature, pressure and humidity.
   I suspect you will find correlations ….

   Bob