[time-nuts] WWV or Net Clock controlled oscillator

D. Resor organlists at pacbell.net
Sun Mar 4 05:30:36 EST 2018

Hello,

My first post here. I found this group's user group page while researching a
source for either a WWV, GPS or Network referenced oscillator.

The devices/equipment which I was able to find didn't  seem to fit the
requirements.

What I have is a Maas-Rowe DCB1 (Digital Chronobell Series 1) clock
controller.

Seen here:
http://hammondorganservice.com/downloads/images/carillon/TempleCitySDADCB1a.
jpg

The system can be heard playing the Westminster Chimes and striking 12 noon
here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij5c6RqGhn0

It can be programmed to play Westminster sequences and/or music selections
using Maas-Rowe real struck chromatically tuned bell rods.

This unit is installed in Southern California Edison area.  The problem is,
this unit receives its clock reference from the 60Hz AC line to keep it in
sync.  Up until a few years ago this worked very well.  Now, Edison's 60Hz
line frequency is all over the place and this clock unit now gains 30
seconds and/or more a week which makes it difficult to keep it synchronized.

The 60Hz reference can be switched out by the use of dip switches, however
that setting isn't much better.

I was trying to locate a cost effective clock reference which can be
synchronized from either WWV, request the correct time from a net server or
possibly GPS.  It then needs a clock referenced output of 60Hz.

Does such a thing exist?

Thank You

Donald R. Resor Jr. T. W. & T. C. Svc. Co.

http://hammondorganservice.com
Hammond USA warranty service
"Most people don't have a sense of humor. They think they do, but they
don't." --Jonathan Winters