[time-nuts] LT1016 as a pulse shaper...

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Mar 4 20:19:24 EST 2018

Hi

The “best” way to measure phase noise will always be a “that depends” sort of thing. One
pretty darn good way to check noise on any amplifier is to use something like a TimePod.
You use a power splitter and a pretty good source. First you check your TImePod (or whatever)
for floor. You then stick the amp in one leg. You re-measure phase noise (or ADEV). Assuming
it comes up above the previous floor, you have your number for the device. If it does not come
up above the previous floor, you need a different test set.

Bob