[time-nuts] While we are talking about Z3801's

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Mar 4 21:55:50 EST 2018

Hi

Basic troubleshooting:

Check the regulator output voltages and repair as needed.

Basic serial troubleshooting:

Bring up a terminal program, loop back the serial with a jumper, see if you have
a connection.

If you do, issue basic commands, see what happens.

Switch to likely baud rates repeat basic commands.

If still nothing, put a scope on the RX output of the serial chip in the 3801. Do the same
for the TX input of the same chip.

…… dig on in from there.

Bob