[time-nuts] Z3801A OCXO manual trimming

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Mar 4 23:19:21 EST 2018

Hi

> On Mar 4, 2018, at 10:30 PM, Joe Hobart <nova at npgcable.com> wrote:
>

> Mark,
>
> When I press "D" Lady Heather replies:
>
> Manual disciplining not supported by this receiver....press ESC
>

> Questions about the Z3801A:
>
> Does the oscillator have an adjustment?  If so, is this somewhat accessible

Yes, if you dig deep enough

> without destroying the assembly?

Depends on how good you are at ripping into things

>  Are there pictures of the oscillator assembly?

I believe there are in the archives

> Is there an adjustment for temperature?

Yes, by changing the select resistor

>  Is this accessible?

Yes, once you have the inside oven board out of the enclosure. Accessible is a
relative term. I would not dig that deep. Others on the list seem to be happy going
that far into the assembly.

Bob