[time-nuts] WWV or Net Clock controlled oscillator

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Mar 5 11:22:12 EST 2018

Hi

A very normal way to get the 60 Hz into the clock chips is to pull it off
of something like the 24V transformer winding. They run through a resistor
over to a limiter circuit to turn the sine wave into a square wave. That
square wave heads into the input pin on the clock chip. Some “quality time”
spent working out what’s what on the pc board should allow you to find
the relevant section of the board.

Once you find the right stuff, it should be as simple as opening up a
resistor and running a jumper wire to the right spot on the board. Feed
the wire with your new 60 Hz square wave out of Tom’s PICDIV. The
“mods” should be very reversible and not a threat to the longevity of
the DCBI.

Bob