[time-nuts] Z3801A OCXO manual trimming

Joe Hobart nova at npgcable.com
Mon Mar 5 11:21:33 EST 2018

Thank you, Hal, for these links and to others for your comments.

Setting the oven temperature on a turning point appears tedious.  Perhaps there
is enough range in the frequency adjustment to put the oscillator back on
frequency - or close enough for the EFC to be effective.  If not, I may have to
adjust the temperature, but time is limited.

Some measurements with the EFC disconnected and a calibrated frequency counter:

     9999.815  KHz  at Z3801A turn on

     9999.9984 KHz  highest frequency seen (temperature overshoot)

     9999.9947 KHz  approximate final frequency

The EFC does have wide range; it can almost pull the 5.3 Hz offset onto frequency.

Thanks again,
Joe, W7LUX

https://www.realhamradio.com/GPS-oven-journey.htm

https://www.realhamradio.com/z3801a-turning-point.htm