[time-nuts] HP 107BR Ski Question

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Mar 7 08:32:10 EST 2018

Hi

The oscillators were tested and sorted at the end of the manufacturing line. Everything got
checked for aging. It’s not clear that everything got detail tested for ADEV. The suspicion is that
they did enough ADEV to get the few tight(er) spec units they needed.

Next layer is that these tests were done a *long* time ago. The characteristics of OCXO’s do change
with time. What was once a tight spec unit may not be so today. What was once a bit noisy may be
quieter now.

I would not worry a lot about the different dash numbers on decades old 10811’s.

Bob