[time-nuts] Recommendations for Mains Power Monitor / Logger

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 15:41:23 EDT 2018

Now I'm getting interested in this.  My concept is to take the 60 Hz in, do
reasonable
HW filtering to knock off the HF junk that commonly rides on the sinewave,
then use
an RC quadrature phase splitter to yield I & Q signals.  Then sample at
1PPS with
my Rb's PPS as the sample trigger,  and capture the result with a 2-channel
data
acquisition gadget of some sort.  It's that last item that's holding me
back.

I'll have to take a look around to see if there isn't something cheap that
can run
standalone so I don't have to tie up (or wear out) a whole PC for the
acquistion
process.

Dana