[time-nuts] Terrestrial GPS

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Mar 14 09:52:25 EDT 2018

Hi

WiFi based location can be pretty good or it can be a real joke. It all depends on
how good the database happens to be and how many stationary WiFi setups you
can “see”. I’ve had it pop up with locations that are off by many miles. ISP’s
feed you IP addresses via DHCP and the “on net” numbers are rarely visible to
the casual passerby. , They likely are depending on other information (like SSID
surveys from vehicles).

Bob