[time-nuts] Looking for information on True Position GPSDO.

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 10:59:08 EDT 2018

There is a small, about 3.5" by 4.5", GPSDO board being offered by several
sellers on eBay. I bought one from what looks to be the only US based
source. It is identified as True Position, Inc., and had a small CTS OCXO
and Furuno GT8031 on board. I found hook up information in one of the Asian
vendor's ads. When it arrived, I hooked it up and waited for it to achieve
GPS lock. I left it over night, but it never locked. This morning, I sent a
message to the seller requesting to return it. I looked around on eBay to
see what the going price was and discovered that the US source was about
1/3rd the price of the Asian vendors. I also noticed in one listing where
the seller mentioned that it will not discipline the 10 MHz unless you
entered a command by RS232. If you buy one, he will tell you what the
secret command is. Does anyone, perchance happen to know the secret
command? And, would you be willing to share? This isn't a bad looking
little board. I was thinking of pulling the little CTS oscillator and
replacing it with something better. The fact that you have to tell it to do
its thing is something of a bummer, but I think I can live with it.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>