[time-nuts] Use the LT3042 for retrofit?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Mar 21 19:20:12 EDT 2018

Hi

The gotcha is not on the manufacturing end. When you show up with a dual ground
pin part, the OEM asks: Where do I tell the PCB layout guys to put the other ground?
The answer always comes back to “there’s only one ground plane, they will both connect
to the same plane.”.  If you get past that, the somewhat surprising next layer is that
temperature performance maybe isn’t that big a deal to them ….

Bob