[time-nuts] WWVB Antenna revisited/Spectracom 8182

D. Resor organlists at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 22 15:13:35 EDT 2018

I remember being told about this years ago, but it had not registered in my mind recently that it was the format which had changed.  For some reason I thought it was the transmission frequency.

I'm a little baffled though, I purchased both of my SkyScan clocks, prior to these changes.  Yet they both still set themselves (when propagation allows) correctly.   One would think inexpensive products would be sacrificed verses the more expensive equipment.

What are example(s) of the "gizmo" which will convert the new format to the old one?

I realized later after reading more about the antenna I am looking at that it has a DC blocking capacitor built in, therefore it should be fine.  This is what happens when I spend too much time during the wee hours of the night/morning with a mind which becomes even more cloudy.

Thanks

Donald Resor
N6KAW