[time-nuts] WWV/CHU

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Mar 30 01:49:42 EDT 2018

> This is an IEEE article from 1972 that looks like a good fit:
>  Nationwide Precise Time and Frequency
>  Distribution Utilizing an Active Code Within
>       Network Television Broadcasts
>                    DAVID A. HOWE
> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/3092613

FYI: for the original spam-free version, please use:

https://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/469.pdf

In general, if the author or paper is related to NIST, the original copyright-free PDF will be available in the NIST Time and Frequency Publication Database. That easily searchable database, and the thousands of papers it contains, is probably the greatest asset we time nuts have. For those of you that don't know it yet, check it out:

https://tf.nist.gov/general/publications.htm

As a non-academic working from home one of the greatest frustrations is getting copies of old and new scientific articles. NIST seems to be the rare exception. Decade after decade, administration after administration, that database keeps working.

> These are my opinions.  I hate spam.

Me too, which is why it's so frustrating to deal with web sites that scrap free PDF's and then serve them to you for a price or with a side of spam. There are even web sites that serve all our time-nuts postings along with injected targeted ads.

/tvb