[time-nuts] how long dues this rubidium standard last for

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed May 9 22:21:21 EDT 2018

Hi

Rubidium standards are a “who knows” sort of thing in terms of life. Best guess
for the telecom Rb’s is 10 to 20 years. For a normal Cs standard with a high
performance tube, the life may be in the 6 or 7 year range ( I have replaced a
couple of those).

The HP 5065 is a rare beast. One sold on the list a little while back for ~$4K.

Bob