[time-nuts] ✘NEO-M8N vs. NEO-M8T

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sun May 20 22:21:30 EDT 2018

Hal!

On Sun, 20 May 2018 18:42:36 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> gem at rellim.com said:
> > The results were disappointing.  See attached.  For 8x the price
> > all I see is a slightly flatter ADEV curve.
>
> What were you expecting?

I was expecting better, not almost the same.  8x price difference for
almost nothing.  I woulda hped for 5x better.

> How good is your antenna?

Very good, roof mounts.  And the JL GPSDO I coompared it to was using the
same antenna on a splitter.

> Can you insert an attenuator and compare them again?

Yeah, on my long term TODO list.  For now low 50's to high 40s' SNR
should be good.  I have a good skyview, mostly down to the horizon.

> It would also be interesting to see the NEO-M8N with good vs bad antenna.

So many experiments, so little time.

> It would be interesting to see how well the RINEX location compares
> with the surveyed location and/or if using the RINEX location
> improves the timing output.

I'm working on using the NEO-M8T Survey-In mode now.  RINEX later.

RGDS
GARY
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588