[time-nuts] ✘NEO-M8N vs. NEO-M8T

Gregory Maxwell greg at xiph.org
Mon May 21 15:06:17 EDT 2018

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 5:54 PM, Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com> wrote:
> Also, how does that get me to the gola of a good PPS to feed into the
> Linux PPS kernel module?  I doubt Linux would accept a patch to put
> gpsd, and more, into the kernel to read GPS and adjust the PPS.

Considering that sawtooth error is something found in virtually every
GPS receiver I've previously been somewhat surprised that the linux
PPS stuff did not have support for it.

My best guess is that the magnitude of sawtooth error is just not
large enough to matter for typical applications of linux PPS.