[time-nuts] 5950 Crystal impedance meter manual

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Wed May 23 14:13:00 EDT 2018

Hi Luciano:

I have some web pages about crystals and testing them:
http://www.prc68.com/I/CrystalImpedanceMeters.html - Crystal Impedance Meters (Saunders 150)
http://www.prc68.com/I/Xtal.shtml#TE - Crystals in general & Test Equipment (see Trivia below)
http://www.prc68.com/I/Xam.html - Crystal Activity Meters
http://www.prc68.com/I/Xec.shtml - Equivalent Circuit
http://www.prc68.com/I/4395A.shtml#ZT - The Z transform method is also used in commercial crystal test sets like the HP
E4915, E4916, E5100.

Trivia: The HP 4194 may be the only instrument that can really characterize watch crystals ( 32768 Hz) for impedance
which is in the meg Ohms range.  Some of the HP network analyzers can fit swept frequency data into an equivalent
crystal equivalent circuit.

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke