[time-nuts] nuts about position

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 22:19:35 EDT 2018

I finally got in the Ublox M8T and have been testing its RAW data measurements (carrier phase / pseudorange / dopper) data by having Lady Heather write a RINEX file and sending it to CSRS-PPP.

Collecting GPS, SBAS, GLONAS, and GALILEO data (CSRS-PPP ignores GALILEO and BEIDOU data) for 2 hours and having it processed with the "ultra rapid" orbits gives a position with around 350 mm lat/lon and 800 mm alt uncertainty ellipse diameter.

Using 24 hours of data and the "rapid" (24 hour delayed) orbits gives around 125 mm lat/lon and 300 mm alt uncertainty... the 24 hour file was around 100 MB long, .ZIPed to 25 MB.   Not enabling GALILEO would have reduced the file sizes around 25%.

 I need to see if I can find a program that will split out the GPS/SBAS and GLONAS data into separate RINEX files and see how the two systems compare.