[time-nuts] HP 5370 A to B conversion?

Glen Hoag hoag at hiwaay.net
Thu May 31 07:36:40 EDT 2018

HP once offered a field conversion kit. One of my 5370Bs began life as an A. I believe that it was mostly in the firmware.

John Seamons, jks at jks.com, developed a replacement processor board that uses a BeagleBone Black or BeagleBone Green to emulate the 6800 processor of the later 5370s. (Early 5370s were powered by the Fairchild F8, but the firmware performs identically to the 6800 version.) It has substantially improved performance and an Ethernet interface. <http://www.jks.com/5370/5370.html>

Sent from my iPhone