[time-nuts] DC-468

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Sat Jun 11 14:58:41 UTC 2005

> Does any one still have a DC-468 that is keeping time and locked on? Mine
> quit ages ago. It is a lot more than 50 ms off. - Thanks - Mike

Mike,

Maybe you and I are the only ones with GOES
receivers still powered on?

After 30 years the GOES time service officially
went off the air on January 1. But it has been on
and off a few times since then (and with reduced
accuracy). My last signal lock was in April or
May, I think. I stopped logging at that point and
all my receivers have been blinking for a month.

Even if you don't get time lock, do you still get
RF lock and/or data lock on your 468-DC (the
two LED's inside)?

For good reading see :The GOES Time Code
Service, 1974-2004: A Retrospective"
http://nvl.nist.gov/pub/nistpubs/jres/110/2/j110-2lom.pdf

/tvb
http://www.LeapSecond.com