[time-nuts] Do we need something like this ?

Javier javier at nebulosa.org
Sun Jun 12 20:49:59 UTC 2005

Hello!

I would use a Netburner MOD-5272 or something similar with an embedded
linux, and add a NTP server. I've ported uClinux 2.6.11 kernel to a
MOD-5272 and it is really a nice machine, with a Coldfire 66MHz MCF5272
CPU, 8Mb on RAM and 2Mb on flash, all the MCF5272 available outside, and
is not very expensive compared with the Beck SC12 (112 EUR compared with
the 89 EUR for the SC12). Of course, uClinux is not a real time OS and
the 5272 has no MMU... but if the pll loop uses a timer interrupt,  I
think that there is no real necessity for a real time OS.

Regards,

Javier, EA1CRB
www.hvsistemas.com